* Mursi makes first contact with Israel in letter to Peres Egyptian president makes gesture hours before US Defense Secretary Panetta arrives in Cairo for official visit.
* Gantz: IDF will follow Iran attack orders if given The IDF will carry out orders to attack Iran's nuclear facilities if it receives orders to do so from the government.
* Lack of funding may force Syrian refugees into Europe Neighbouring countries surrounding war-ravaged Syria may seal off their borders if they can no longer absorb the increasing number of refugees.
* Video: Terrorists train for southern border attack A video released by the Mujahideen Shura Council on Friday documents the preparations leading up to the terror attack that killed an Israeli civilian on the border with Egypt last month.
* Al-Qaida turns tide for rebels in battle for eastern Syria As they stood outside the commandeered government building in the town of Mohassen, it was hard to distinguish Abu Khuder's men from any other brigade in the Syrian civil war.
* India power cut hits millions, among world's worst outages Hundreds of millions of people across India were left without power on Tuesday in one of the world's worst blackouts.
* IDF's New Cellphones: Smarter and Safer The IDF will begin to implement a mammoth technological project Wednesday.
* Iran Funding Terror Camp in Iraq An Iranian-funded religious academy in Iraq is training approximately 1,500 recruits from Arab countries worldwide to use "combat weapons".
* China: Romney's Pro-Jerusalem Views May Ignite War China, which has refused to buck Iran and Syria, now goes to bat for the Arab world.
* Euro-saving operations due within 'days,' says Juncker Eurogroup chief Jean-Claude Juncker has said there is "no time to lose," as the world talks about a eurozone breakup.