* Hamas: Decision is an act of war A Hamas spokesperson on Wednesday called the security cabinet's decision to declare the Gaza Strip an enemy entity a comprehensive declaration of war, for which Israel would bear the consequences.
* 'Dozens died in Syria-Iran missile test' Proof of cooperation between Iran and Syria in the proliferation and development of weapons of mass destruction was brought to light Monday in Jane's Defence Weekly, which reported that dozens of Iranian engineers and 15 Syrian officers were killed in a July 23 accident in Syria.
* Iran promises "response" to Zionism's supporters on Oct. 12 Supporters of the "Zionist regime" will receive a response from Iran during the world Qods Day rallies on October 12, the IRNA news agency reported government spokesman, Gholam-Hossein Elham, saying Wednesday.
* Rice: Hamas hostile entity to us as well US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Wednesday that the US "will not abandon the innocent Palestinians in Gaza," shortly after Israel declared the territory to be an enemy entity and said it would cut off power and fuel supplies to it.
* Chief Negotiator Favors Division of Jerusalem, Incl. Old City In a letter to a fellow Kadima politician, the lead negotiator on behalf of the government in talks with the Fatah-run half of the Palestinian Authority confirmed his plan to relinquish sovereignty over much of Jerusalem, including in the Old City.
* Egypt rejects armed strike against Iran Egypt is opposed to any military action against Iran and is working on normalizing its own relations with the Islamic Republic after 28 years of frozen ties, the foreign minister said Wednesday.
* EU monies 'should fund Galileo' The European Commission has outlined its plan to get the Galileo satellite navigation system back on track.
* Rice attacks UN watchdog on Iran US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has attacked the head of the UN nuclear watchdog for urging caution in the dispute over Iran's nuclear programme.
* Rabbinate bans Jews from Succot march The Chief Rabbinate has banned Jewish participation in the Feast of the Tabernacles march in the capital, scheduled for October 2, due to concern that some of the groups participating are involved in Christian missionary work, officials said Tuesday.
* Air Force activates provisional Cyber Command At a celebration of the Air Force's 60th birthday Tuesday, Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne moved forward on the service's Cyber Command, officially activating it as a provisional unit with its headquarters, for now, at Barksdale Air Force Base.