* UN sets out food crisis measures UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has urged nations to seize an "historic opportunity to revitalise agriculture" as a way of tackling the food crisis.
* Assad wants Golan, up to Tiberias Syrian President Bashar Assad vowed on Monday never to give up his demand that the entire Golan Heights be returned to Syrian control.
* Iran 'not seeking' nuclear arms Iran's supreme leader has insisted it will continue its nuclear activities for civilian purposes only and will not manufacture nuclear weapons.
* Iran tells Hamas to 'keep up resistance' Incoming Iranian parliamentary speaker, Ali Larijani, spoke to Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh Tuesday morning and expressed faith in Hamas's regime in the Gaza Strip.
* Arab nations 'failing' Sudan The leader of a Sudanese rebel group has criticised Arab nations for not giving enough attention to the violence and political turmoil in Sudan and Somalia.
* 'Zionism has damaged Europe' Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has again spoken out against Israel, saying that Europe has endured the "biggest damage" from the "Zionists."
* Syria says Israel should face nuclear checks Syria's official press lashed out at the United States and Israel on Tuesday over claims it was building a secret nuclear reactor.
* PM to discuss Iranian threat with Rice Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was assured a proper reception from President Bush and other US officials.
* Algerian Christian converts fined Four Algerian Christians have been given suspended jail terms and fines for worshipping illegally.* Anti-Christian 'Cleansing' Campaign Picks Up Pace in Gaza Attacks on Christian targets and those identified with Western culture have grown more frequent in Gaza in the past two years.