* Report Says Syria Has 1,000 Tons of Chemical Weapons A report Monday said that Syria had plenty of chemical weapons, and is likely to use them if attacked by the U.S. or Western countries.
* Give up weapons, Russia urges Syria Russia has asked Syria to put its chemical weapons stockpiles under international control and then have them destroyed, in an attempt to avoid US military strikes.
* Assad Hints at Another 9/11 If Attacked By U.S. In an interview with CBS this morning, Syrian strongman Bashar Assad warned that the U.S. should "expect every action" and hinted at another 9/11-type attack on America.
* Some see biblical visions of doom in Syria trouble Some are pointing to Old Testament passages that predict the destruction of Damascus and a civil war in Egypt.
* Ancient Golden Treasure Found at Foot of Temple Mount "Ophel Treasure" apparently includes oldest Torah ornament ever found: medallion with Menorah, Torah and Shofar etchings
* Defense minister ridicules notion of democracy in Mideast In remarkable address, Moshe Ya'alon decries attempts to establish Palestinian state, says flatly that Assad used nerve gas, warns Syria not to cross Israel's red lines.
* What would an Iranian-Israeli nuclear exchange be like? Syrian state media releases list of potential targets for retaliatory strikes in the event of US intervention.
* Hackers publish 165,000 Israelis' information The attacks bear the marks of pro-Syrian hackers from Spain, Canada and Brazil - Hackers leave message deep inside website's code, threatening a massive cyber attack on September 11.
* UN nuclear chief says resolution over nuclear Iran is 'essential and urgent' IAEA's Amano committed to working constructively with Rouhani's gov't to "resolve outstanding issues by diplomatic means."
* Pope Francis Launches Anti-War Campaign As US President Obama campaigns for support for military intervention in Syria, Catholic leader rallies opposition.