* Under tight security, hajj pilgrims return to scene of deadly stampede A year after an estimated 2,300 worshippers were killed, safety measures enforced at site near Mecca.
* Obama hands Syria over to Putin The Syrian cease-fire agreement that US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov announced Friday night, September 9, in Geneva hands Syrian affairs over to Russia's President Vladimir Putin and the country's military.
* Saudi royal involved in aiding terrorists, says Guantanamo detainee Allegations of Saudi involvement in the September 11, 2001 attacks still persists in the US despite denials by the FBI and White House.
* US, Israel sign largest ever military aid deal, hail 'unbreakable bond' Agreement inked at ceremony in Washington will see Israel receive $3.8 billion annually - up from $3 billion - from 2018-2028.
* Education Minister: Bible Most Important School Subject Israel's Education Minister Naftali Bennett this week stressed that the Bible and Jewish faith are the most important topics children learn in school.
* Juncker proposes EU military headquarters The European Union needs a military headquarters to work towards a common military force, the Commission president has told MEPs in Strasbourg.
* Gaia space telescope plots a billion stars The most precise map of the night sky ever assembled is taking shape.
* Jerusalem 5800: Much more than just Jerusalem Planners say the capital must expand to the north, south and east, including an international airport, subways, and much more.
* There Goes Turkish Secularism At least a thousand Muslims worshipped in the mosque of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's presidential palace in Ankara on August 6.
* Apocalypse Star Nibiru, Messiah Could Arrive Before Jewish New Year: Expert Rabbi Alon Anava, a proponent of educating people about the potential threat of Nibiru, said last week that the dwarf star some believe is poised to destroy two-thirds of the world's population in anticipation of the End of Days is the cause of recent extreme weather events.