* UK Defies 70 Nations to Defend Israel, Refuses to Sign Paris Summit Statement The United Kingdom defied the anti-Israel sentiment coursing through Sunday's "peace" summit in Paris by criticizing the conference as detrimental to Israel's interests and refusing to sign a joint statement issued after the summit which called for a two-state solution.
* EU will stand by nuclear deal, Mogherini says "It is proof that diplomacy works and delivers... The European Union will continue to work for the respect and implementation of this extremely important deal, most of all for our security," AFP quoted Mogherini as telling reporters as she went into an EU foreign ministers meeting.
* Russia seeks invitation for US to Syria peace talks in Astana, Iran 'against' Iran says it rejects any participation by US representatives at the scheduled Syria peace talks in Astana, Kazakhstan.
* Iraqi forces retake IS-bombed 'Jonah's tomb' in Mosul The shrine, the reputed burial site of the Biblical prophet, was destroyed in 2014 by terror group as it swept into city.
* Hamas blasts 'absurd' Paris conference Hamas rejects the outcome of the Paris conference on Israeli-PA peace, says it gave legitimacy to the "Zionist entity".
* 'Inclusive Globalism' Means Embracing LGBT Rights, Davos Attendees Told World leaders gather this week at the Swiss ski resort to discuss how to make globalism more inclusive in response to the rising tide of populism.
* Video of massive Florida 'dinosaur' gator creates buzz Video of a massive alligator spotted in Lakeland was posted to Facebook on Sunday, raising the eyebrows of many.
* German court okays ultranationalist party ahead of elections Jewish leaders warn failure to ban NDP enables party's 'anti-Semitic, neo-Nazi' agenda.
* Europe sees UK set for 'hard' Brexit after May speech Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit speech is being seen in Europe as the "hard" option of full UK withdrawal.