* Senior Iranian officials call ISIS 'American proteges,' warn of imminent Saudi demise Addressing worshipers in Tehran, Iranian leaders decried Saudi Arabia's "blood bath" in Yemen and warned the US of deceitful behavior in negotiations over the Islamic Republic's nuclear program.
* Russia Threatens NATO Over Missile Shield Russia's top general warned European countries planning to host installations for a U.S.-led missile-defense shield that Russian forces would be forced to target them.
* Thousands of Iraqis flee as Islamic State makes gains in Sunni heartland Thousands of families fleeing Iraq's western city of Ramadi choked checkpoints leading to Baghdad on Friday, after an Islamic State advance spread panic and left security forces clinging to control.
* NATO Simulating War Against Russia During Drills - Russian General Staff During its military drills, NATO is increasingly often simulating the war with a conditional enemy understood as Russia instead of practicing anti-terror activities, Russian General Staff head Valery Gerasimov said Thursday.
* Tunisian official: 12,000 militants blocked from joining jihadist groups abroad According to Tunisian authorities, the small North African state has been the origin-point of 2,000-3,000 foreign fighters who have joined the ranks of jihadist groups.
* Behind the lines: Islamic State comes to Damascus Amid a series of setbacks for the regime, the Yarmuk events mark a new phase in the Syrian war.
* Iran accuses US of creating Islamic State, Boko Haram Top general claims Washington sets up terror groups to harm Islam, bolster Israel; allegation comes as Obama weighs Tehran's demand for full sanctions relief.
* UK: Posters tell Muslims not to vote, 'Democracy is a system whereby man violates the right of Allah' 'Islam is the only real workable solution for the UK.' And the only one they're going to get, unless they cut out the denial, willful ignorance and appeasement.
* Iran unveils self-developed knockoff of S-300 missiles Tehran's version of Russian advanced anti-aircraft weaponry shown at military parade.
* Isis in Afghanistan: Group claims responsibility for Jalalabad suicide bombing that killed 33 A motorcyclist laded with explosives rode into government and military employees queuing at a bank to collect their wages.