* Chinese ships 'quit Korea waters' Chinese fishing boats are reported to be leaving the tense inter-Korean border in the Yellow Sea after North Korea's threat of military action.
* Obama says Israel must stop settlement construction Gingerly trying to advance Mideast peace, US President Barack Obama on Thursday challenged Israel to stop settlement construction in the West Bank on the same day the Israelis rejected that demand.
* Obama 'confident' on two-state solution US President Barack Obama says he is confident that Israel will recognise that a two-state solution is in the best interests of its security.
* PA official: Abbas expects US pressure to push out Netanyahu Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas will not resume negotiations with Israel unless the Netanyahu government agrees to a complete settlement freeze and publicly accepts a two-state solution.
* Allotting of Iraqi Oil Rights May Stoke Hostility Sheik Habih Shawqi Hamakan peered through his binoculars on a recent afternoon at a sight he considers, despite the rising columns of black smoke that blot out the sun, pure beauty.
* Hizbullah builds up its might No longer a purely guerrilla organization, Hizbullah is engaged in a huge political battle that culminates in the June 7 elections.
* Nuclear Aims By Pakistan, India Prompt U.S. Concern Sometime next year, at a tightly guarded site south of its capital, Pakistan will be ready to start churning out a new stream of plutonium for its nuclear arsenal.
* US to set out cyber security plan US President Barack Obama is to set out plans for securing American computer networks against cyber attacks.
* Sarkozy cancels Sweden visit over Turkey French President Nicolas Sarkozy has cancelled a visit to Sweden scheduled for next Tuesday (2 June) in order to avoid a clash on the question of Turkey's EU membership.
* Parashat Shavuot: Joy to the world Why do we read the Book of Ruth on Shavuot? What is the relationship between the giving of the Torah and the festival of first fruits in the Temple - the two names for Shavuot?