* Russia holds joint naval drills with Egypt in Black Sea At a time of escalating regional tensions with Turkey, Egypt holds first naval joint exercises with Russia.
* Israel-UAE peace deal 'big' for trade in Middle East Israel's peace deals with the UAE and Bahrain are "going to be big" for business and trade in the region, one of the most influential businessmen in the Middle East has told the BBC.
* Iran expected to export weapons immediately as embargo ends US sanctions have crippled the Iranian economy, coupled with low oil prices and Tehran needs cash.
* Arab States Look to Israel for Food Sustenance Food security is emerging as a key area in which the United Arab Emirates is eager for Israeli expertise, investors in each country tell ISRAEL21c.
* Israel & Bahrain to establish diplomatic ties in Manama ceremony A joint US-Israel delegation is due in Manama on Sunday, Oct. 18 to sign a formal treaty establishing diplomatic relations between Bahrain and Israel.
* Why the UAE is looking to Israel to secure its food supplies Myriad deals between the two countries run the gamut from health-tech to diamonds, but food-tech and agri-tech are top priorities, investors agree.
* Turkey vs Greece: EU's failure to act will trigger conflict in east Med, warns expert The European Union's failure to act again Turkish "encroachment" in the eastern Mediterranean is a "recipe for disaster" which will trigger a military incident, an expert has warned against a backdrop of the country's ongoing tensions with Greece.
* Erdogan Does What He Can Get Away With In 2010, Turkey’s “Zero Problems” foreign-policy doctrine was the marvel of the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
* "A Darker Side": The Persecution of Christians, September 2020 A 6-year-old Christian girl was "beaten and raped after being forcibly taken to the home of a Muslim rapist in broad daylight.... the local Muslim community are threatening the Christian parents with violence, the rape of their other daughters and financial ruin if they proceed with a legal case against paedophile Muhammad Waqas (18 yrs)...
* Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.