* Hamas spokesman says Tony Blair to visit Gaza Mideast envoy Tony Blair will visit the Gaza Strip this week.
* "World will pay price for Iran attack" Syrian President Bashar Assad warned that Israel, the US, and the entire world would pay a heavy price if Iran is attacked.
* President George W Bush backs Israeli plan for strike on Iran As Tehran tests new missiles, America believes only a show of force can deter Ahmadinejad.
* Iran and Russia sign major oil deal Russia's Gazprom is purposing a multi-billion-dollar gasoline development deal with Iran
* Sudan head accused of war crimes Sudan's president has been accused of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes in Darfur by the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court.
* Dispute on Paris summit wording Israel and the Palestinians have disagreed over the final declaration of the Mediterranean summit held in Paris.
* Turkey charges 86 for coup plot A top Turkish prosecutor has brought charges against 86 people allegedly involved in a coup plot.
* Ahead of Mideast trip, Obama backtracks on 'undivided' Jerusalem Barack Obama will visit Israel and the West Bank next week, Israeli and Palestinian officials said.
* Sarkozy beaming at birth of Mediterranean Union France officially announced the launch of the Union for the Mediterranean.
* Gay bishop calls for firmer leadership The gay bishop who sparked Anglican divisions said on Monday the head of the church must show firmer leadership and get conservative foes to tone down homophobic taunts.