* Saudi King asks Putin to help contain Iranian threat, accepts Russian gains in Syria President Donald Trump's best Middle East friend and ally, Saudi King Salman Bin Abdulaziz, arrived in Moscow Thursday Oct. 5 for a three-day state visit, a week before the President unveils his new Iran policy.
* Saudi king's visit to Russia heralds shift in global power structures King Salman agrees new areas of cooperation with Vladimir Putin on first official trip by Saudi monarch to Moscow.
* 2 million may die if North Korea nukes Seoul and Tokyo - report As tensions rise on the Korean Peninsula, a new report has estimated that, should North Korea deploy its nuclear arsenal on Seoul and Tokyo, the death toll could be up to 2.1 million, with around 8 million injured.
* Is Turkey Turning to Iran and If So, Why? Ankara and Tehran have long sought closer relations, but their new meeting comes as Saudi Arabia's king is visiting Moscow.
* Palestinians: A State Within a State? The "reconciliation" accord they reached in Cairo paves the way for creating a state within a state in the Gaza Strip.
* Egypt: Israel must not take action against Hamas leaders during negotiations Saudi news site Elaph reported that Director of Egyptian General Intelligence Directorate Major General Khaled Fawzy met with Israeli officials to discuss the Hamas-Fatah talks.
* EU Representatives Commend Fatah-Hamas Reconciliation Talks The EU Heads of Mission in Jerusalem and Ramallah applauded the talks between Palestinian leaders.
* 2,000 Marathon Runners Trace King Saul's Biblical Race Through Shiloh Deep in Israel's Biblical heartland, an annual marathon brings thousands of athletes to run in the very footsteps of the Bible, tracing an ancient path run by King Saul himself in the days of the prophets.
* Niger: Islamic jihadis ambush Green Berets, killing three, wounding two The jihad is global in scope and extent, as well as in its motivating ideology and goal.