* Red Heifer Birth, Paves Way for Renewed Temple Service Last Tuesday, the Temple Institute's Red Heifer program was blessed with results; an entirely red female calf was born, paving the way for re-establishing the Temple service and marking the final stage of redemption.
* Iran deepens military grip on Syria despite 200 Israeli strikes in 21 months After 200 Israel attacks and 800 tons of ordnance, Iran has not halted its deepening military foothold in Syria, only switched tactics, DEBKAfile's military sources report.
* Why Syrians are depending on unlikely ally Israel to combat Assad, Russia Hani's mother warned him as a boy in Syria that if he didn't finish his dinner, Zionists would come and drink his blood.
* Friedman: We've thrown $10b at Palestinians; peace isn't a millimeter closer Explaining why Trump defunded UNRWA, ambassador to Israel complains that US taxpayers' funds were used to perpetuate refugee problem; also slams PA stipends to terrorists.
* Poll: 89% of Israeli Jews don't see peace in 5779 The poll found that the older people are, the more likely they are to back a two-state solution.
* Ahead of Jewish new year, Israel's population at 8.9 million, largely content Central Bureau of Statistics data shows 89% of Israelis satisfied with their lives, more than half exercise regularly, and life expectancy still one of highest in the world.
* Why Hamas Escalated - and Why It Is Winning the Present Round The accumulated deterrence achieved in the three previous rounds of wide-scale fighting between Israel and Hamas in 2008-9, 2012, and 2014 has come to a temporary halt.
* First publication: Why did EU Foreign Minister refuse to meet Yesha leaders? EU Foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini ignores request to meet joint delegation of Jewish and Arab leaders from Judea and Samaria.
* 'Iran is the world's leading sponsor of terrorism' Minister Yisrael Katz: We must focus on halting and reversing the Iranian threat.
* In Photos: Jerusalem prepares for Rosh Hashanah Jerusalem gears up for a great 5779.