* Saudi King Calls for Arab Super State King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia formally called for the formation of a Gulf Union on a backdrop of regional unrest and growing tensions with rival Iran.
* So, What is the Miracle of Chanukah Really About? One days' worth of olive oil lasting for 8 days, was indeed, miraculous... but there is so much more to this holiday than meets the eye.
* General: Protesters Should be "Thrown Into Hitler's Ovens" The head of public relations for Egypt's caretaker junta called protesters in Cairo "delinquents who need to be thrown into Hitler's ovens.".
* US commander visits Israel to finalize missile drill Israel is moving forward with plans to hold the largest-ever missile defense exercise in its history this coming spring.
* North Korea leader lies in state Kim Jong-il died on Saturday of a heart attack caused by overwork and stress at the age of 69.
* Indian Missile Launch and US Meeting Elicits Chinese Rebuke The Indian press fussed about an editorial in the Chinese Communist Party organ, the People's Daily, that expressed concern over the forthcoming February launch of India's new Agni-V missile.
* US Will not Let Iran Make Nuclear Bomb, Says Panetta Iran is a year or less from "N-Day," but the United States will stop it – no matter what.
* ADL lists Top 10 2011 issues affecting Jews The Anti-Defamation League on Tuesday released a list of the top 10 issues affecting Jews in 2011.
* Gulf Arabs back unity after hinting at Iran threat Gulf Arab leaders on Tuesday endorsed Saudi King Abdullah's call to form a "single entity" after hinting at Iranian threats.
* Factbox: In 1919, 'Palestine Part of Arab Syria' The Palestinian Authority is furious at Newt Gingrich for calling "Palestinians" an "invented people," but a short history shows that Arabs in the British Mandate and modern Israel never considered themselves a people.