* Aiming at Dimona: Did the Syrian regime purposely target Israel? Much remains unclear about the incident on April 22, including why Syria fired a missile so wildly and so far south into Israel – and whether Israel’s interceptors failed to stop the threat.
Thursday, April 22, 2021
* Israel intensifying air war in Syria against Iranian encroachment Israel has dramatically expanded air strikes on suspected Iranian missile and weapons production centers in Syria to repel what it sees as a stealthy military encroachment by its regional arch-enemy, Western and regional intelligence sources say.
* Europeans warn against attacks on Iran nuclear facilities “We condemn escalatory measures by any actor which could jeopardize progress.” Iran’s clerical establishment said it will not return to the 2015 agreement unless all sanctions are lifted.
* Russia to withdraw troops from deployment on border with Ukraine, Moscow confirms, as major snap exercises in Crimea conclude Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu has announced that troops deployed in the west and south of the country in recent days will soon begin returning to base, saying they have now passed tests of their combat readiness.
* Biden Prepares For Nuclear War As tensions in the Black Sea rise between Russia and Ukraine, the Pentagon isn’t taking any chances and has publicized that they are preparing for the worst-case scenario.
* Israeli group demands transfer of Temple Mount following Muslim ‘desecration’ at holy site “This is a terrible desecration of the sanctity of the place, especially when it is performed in the Dome of the Rock plaza, the site of the Jewish Holy of Holies on the Temple Mount,” the organization said.
* Israel and Greece sign record defense deal amid threats from Turkey and Iran With Turkey and Iran looming large in the region (and expanding their influence), a paramount deal has been struck between Israel and Greece.
* 2021 Sees Surge in Libya Mediterranean Crossings, Thousands Migrating to Europe Data collected by the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) has revealed an increase in migrants departing Libya as migration numbers have increased across the Mediterranean so far this year.
* Iran welcomes Iraqi mediation with Gulf states - ambassador Iran said on Tuesday it welcomes Iraqi mediation to help mend its ties with Gulf Arab states, following reports that Saudi and Iranian officials had held discussions in Iraq.
* EU announces $1.8 billion comprehensive plan to combat anti-Semitism EU plan to fight discrimination against Europe's Jews will 'support fundamental rights across the bloc.'
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:39 AM