* Preventing a nuclear Iran is top priority after elections, Netanyahu says Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Friday that preventing Iran from getting a nuclear bomb will top his agenda if he wins the upcoming election.
* Syrian rebels seize key air base, activists say Syrian rebels and Islamic militants seeking to topple President Bashar Assad took full control of a strategic northwestern air base Friday.
* Mideast conflict's wallet Before going on their end-of-the-year vacation, the heads of the Dutch Foreign Ministry were asked to respond to a series of questions from members of parliament's foreign affairs committee regarding their office's budget for 2013.
* Almost impossible to prevent Assad from using chemical weapons, US Army chief says The United States has largely ruled out sending in ground troops to secure Syrian chemical weapons under hostile circumstances.
* Iranian president invites Egypt's Morsi to visit Tehran Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Thursday received an invitation from his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Tehran.
* Iran sends jailed US pastor to 'hanging judge' Iranian authorities have recently assigned the case of imprisoned American-Iranian Pastor Saeed Abedini to a Tehran judge sanctioned by the European Union for human rights violations.
* Galaxy crash sparks large spiral Astronomers have spotted the largest known spiral galaxy - by accident.
* Palestinians build outpost in West Bank tract slated for settlement Palestinian activists and international supporters on Friday erected a tent city in the area known as E1, between Jerusalem and the settlement of Maaleh Adumim.
* US troops will end 'most' Afghanistan combat this spring They said US troops were expected to switch to a support role, slightly earlier than originally scheduled.