* Iran will blow up the heart of Israel Iran will "blow up the heart of Israel" if the United States or the Jewish state attacked it first, a top official with Iran's most powerful military force, the Revolutionary Guard, warned Friday.
* Palestinians urged to defend al-Aksa The Fatah Central Council has called for a general strike in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip on Friday in protest of Israel's "measures against al-Aksa Mosque."
* Diplomat: EU to sign partnership with Syria this month Source says new treaty will help union 'develop substantial dialogue on human rights situation in Syria'
* Leaving Iraq Is a Feat That Requires an Army There is no more visible sign that America is putting the Iraq war behind it than the colossal operation to get its stuff out.
* Barroso fears powerful European president European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has sided with smaller member states in trying to restrict the role of the proposed president of the European Council, a new post created by the Lisbon Treaty.
* US crash lands probes into Moon NASA scientists are assessing preliminary data after crashing two unmanned spacecraft into the Moon in a bid to detect water-ice.
* U.S. furious over Israeli incitement against Obama The US administration is furious over Israeli incitement against President Barack Obama, Democratic congressmen close to Obama told an Israeli source who returned from a visit to Washington this week.
* Jordan's King to Haaretz: Nuclear transparency applies to Israel as well For a long while, the "Jordan is Palestine" formula - of which many Israelis, notably Ariel Sharon, were fond - rattled the royal house.