* Copenhagen summit urged to take climate change action Danish Prime Minister Lars Loekke Rasmussen has described the UN climate summit in Copenhagen as an "opportunity the world cannot afford to miss".
* Israel pressing EU to reject Jerusalem draft Both Israeli and European officials believe the conclusions on the Middle East from EU foreign ministers' meeting will be different from a Swedish draft text calling for east Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state.
* Netanyahu: Today, Lebanon's real army is Hezbollah Prime Minister Netanyahu said that the Lebanese militia Hezbollah was taking the place of the Lebanese army as the country's major military power.
* New Iraqi election law approved Iraq's parliament has unanimously approved a new electoral law, paving the way for elections early next year.
* Gaddafi: Swiss minaret ban invitation to attack Europe According to Libyan leader, al Qaeda militants are now saying, “We warned you that they were our enemies... Come and join us for jihad against Europe.”
* World Bank gives Palestinian Authority $64 million Bank says goal of donation is to boost Fayyad's plan to set up institutions for a state within two years.
* What makes this settlement freeze different from any other? "One thing, at least, is emphatically different this time from all the previous rounds," said an Israel Defense Forces officer.
* PM: Israel ready for direct Syria talks without preconditions Israel is prepared for immediate negotiations with Syria, without preconditions, Prime Minister Netanyahu said.
* Settlers block distribution of building freeze orders Over a hundred police from the special patrol unit gathered at the settlement of Ma'aleh Levona to protect the defense officials entering the settlements to distribute construction freeze orders.
* Can President Barack Obama still count on Turkey? When President Barack Obama meets Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Washington, the talks will require an interesting balancing act to mirror the one Mr Erdogan himself seems to have been attempting.