* Netanyahu pushes plan to airlift 2,000 Ethiopian Jews to Israel Announcement of NIS 370 million project comes days after video surfaces of prominent anti-government protest leader making race-tinged remark to cop from Ethiopian community.
Thursday, October 08, 2020
* Jordan opens its airspace to Israeli flights under new treaty Agreement in making for several years, talks greatly boosted by Israel-UAE, Israel-Bahrain normalization.
* Hamas brainstorms with Bahraini figures opposed to Israel peace deal Hamas and Bahraini leaders opposed to the peace agreement met in Lebanon to discuss strategy.
* EU gives Palestinians ultimatum by linking aid to financial ties with Israel European Union leaders have told the Palestinian Authority they will refuse to provide any additional financial aid as long as the Palestinians refuse to accept tax revenues collected by Israel, European diplomats and Israeli officials tell me.
* Could Greece and Turkey Tear NATO Asunder? Greece and Turkey are at an impasse due to energy reserves including the discovery of natural gas in the Eastern Mediterranean waters.
* Erdogan sees a plot to encircle Turkey’s ambitions France, Germany, Greece, Russia and the US all have cause to contain Turkey's neo-Ottoman expansionism.
* Erdoğan and His Arab “Brothers” After the infamous Mavi Marmara incident of May 2010, Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and then foreign policy tzar Ahmet Davutoğlu (later PM and now an Erdoğan opponent) pledged to internationally isolate Israel.
* Big Promises From Macron After years of criminal neglect, the French President promises a responsible approach to Islam.
* US election: Do you need Jesus to win the White House? White evangelicals helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016 but a different type of Christian voter could tip the result this time.
* It's Time for Trump to Soberly Confront the Rising Turkish Threat For the past several months, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has busily dispelled any residual doubts about his hostility toward the U.S. and its allies in NATO and the Middle East.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:08 AM