* Olmert: Despite calm, things could be different Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Thursday morning that "despite the calm, we should take into account that things could turn out differently."
* 'Hamas knows we didn't use full force' The Palestinians in Gaza were surprised after Operation Cast Lead to discover that without their knowledge Hamas had booby-trapped their homes.
* Israeli warning on Gaza tunnels Israel has warned of renewed military strikes on Gaza if tunnels used for smuggling in goods from Egypt are reopened by Palestinians.
* Obama Phones Leaders in Israel, PA, Egypt, Jordan United States President Barack Obama called Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and Jordan's King Abdullah on Wednesday.
* Hamas leader urges West to talk The political leader of Hamas, Khaled Meshaal, says that the time has come for the West to lift its boycott on his Palestinian Islamist movement.
* Gazan doctor says death toll inflated What really is behind the numbers reported on the number of civilian casualties in the Gaza Strip?
* Member states divided over condemning Israeli attacks on UN European Union member states are sharply divided over whether to condemn Israel for its bombing of UN schools and other buildings during its 23-day war on Gaza.
* Obama plan to negotiate buys Iran time to complete nuclear program He had already made clear his plan of pursuing a sharp turnaround from George Bush's policy on all matters related to Iran.
* German constitutional court to examine Lisbon treaty Germany's constitutional court is preparing for an unusually long hearing on the EU's Lisbon treaty in a process that will help determine the fate of the document across the European Union.* China says Wen offers Europe "journey of confidence" Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's visit to Europe from next week will be a "journey of confidence".