* Space shuttle Atlantis makes final landing Space shuttle Atlantis has landed back on Earth, bringing to a close America's 30-year orbiter program.
* How Iran Is Helping Assad Suppress Syria's "Arab Spring" Iran has been backing Damascus since the beginning of the Syrian civil uprising.
* Palestinians using statehood push at UN to set stage for war with Israel The Palestinian Authority plans to use international backing to legitimize a new conflict with Israel.
* 'Al-Qaeda jihadist animation targets children' Al-Qaeda supporters say they are making an animated children's film aimed at inspiring them to take up armed struggle with the militant group.
* Israel sees Libya as new source of smuggled weapons for Gaza Libya has become a new source of smuggled weaponry for Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.
* Eurozone leaders begin crunch debt talks Eurozone leaders have begun delicate negotiations to agree further help for Greece and prevent other economies from being dragged into the debt crisis.
* Top Nazi Rudolf Hess exhumed from 'pilgrimage' grave The grave holding the remains of Adolf Hitler's deputy Rudolf Hess has been destroyed to stop it being used as a pilgrimage site by neo-Nazis.
* Euro states set to agree second loan for Greece Eurozone leaders look set to greenlight a new loan for Greece as well as establish what will effectively be a European Monetary Fund.
* New Egyptian Cabinet sworn in by military ruler The head of the military council ruling Egypt swore in a new Cabinet on Thursday under pressure from protesters demanding faster change.
* Israeli history photo of the week: Turkish-German forces The Library of Congress has recently digitalized a collection of over 10,000 photographs, taken by the "American Colony" in Jerusalem.