* CBS Report: Israel population hits 8 million New Central Bureau of Statistics' numbers mark increase of 1.8 percent - some 137,000 people - since last year.
* Netanyahu: Israel is the Bright Star of Freedom Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu issues a special greeting ahead of Israel's 65th Independence Day.
* Netanyahu: If We Must, We'll Go to War "If we have no choice, we will grasp our swords and go to battle," warns Prime Minister.
* 'We will not give in or surrender,' PM says as nation remembers fallen Some 1.5 million at ceremonies for Israel's 25,578 war and terror victims; morning siren brings country to standstill.
* Iraq deadly bombings hit Nasariyah, Kirkuk and Baghdad At least 31 people have been killed and more than 200 others wounded in a series of early-morning explosions in cities across Iraq, officials say.
* Gartman on Gold: We've Never Ever Seen Anything Like It Gold prices continued to plummet Monday on concern that Cyprus will have to sell excess reserves of the precious metal to raise about $522 million to help finance that country's $13 billion international bailout.
* Prime Minister: Terrorists are Subhuman Netanyahu castigates supposed "men of morals" who fail to denounce enemies who kill innocents.
* Turkey Assigns Ambassador to 'Palestine' Turkey has become the "first state with an ambassador recognized by Palestine," according to a headline in a Turkish newspaper.
* Report: Israel's tiny territory makes its air space difficult to defend Israel, despite advanced systems, has been struggling to defend its air space, a report said.
* North Korea marks birthday of Kim Il-sung North Korea has marked the 101st anniversary of the birth of founding father Kim Il-sung as tensions continue over the country's nuclear programme.