* 'We must control all of east Jerusalem' Any solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will require the establishment of a Palestinian state with its capital in all of east Jerusalem.
* Barak: Israel soon to be able to block 90% of missile launches Within a few years Israel will be able to defend itself against 90 percent of missiles fired against it.
* Turkey and the Kurds on the Brink The simmering conflict between Turkey and Kurdish guerrillas headquartered in neighboring Iraq may be getting close to a boil.
* Olmert pledges quest for peace Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will devote the next year to pursuing peace with the Palestinians, he has told Israeli MPs.
* EU's Mideast envoy warns against failure of Annapolis conference The price of failure at the Annapolis conference in November could be greater than that of the Camp David conference in 2000.
* EU treaty 'same as Constitution' The EU treaty is "substantially equivalent" to the EU Constitution thrown out by Dutch and French voters in 2005, MPs have said.
* Most Israelis say no to sharing Jerusalem Most Israelis oppose sharing Jerusalem with the Palestinians as part of a final peace deal.
* Iran president faces rare protest A rare anti-government demonstration has been held in the Iranian capital during a speech at Tehran University by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
* Eurozone ministers call for stronger Chinese currency Eurozone ministers are pressing China for a more freely floating yuan.* God's army? 'A soldier's uniform is like the holy garments worn by the priests in the Temple when they brought animal sacrifices before God Almighty," says Rabbi Eli Sadan.