* An entire system of global trade is at risk Sir Mervyn King, the Governor of the Bank of England, this week called the current financial crisis "the most serious… since the 1930s, if ever".
* Gadhafi's legacy in Africa: 'Madman or god?' Not too long ago, the African stage belonged to Moammar Gadhafi.
* Deadly gunfire at funeral of Syrian opposition leader Anti-government protests across Syria -- one propelled by the funeral of an assassinated Kurdish opposition leader -- turned deadly again Saturday as security forces cracked down.
* 10 Years Into Afghan War, a Thunderous Duel The sun had been up less than a half-hour on the 10th anniversary of the start of the American-led war in Afghanistan when the first rocket struck.
* Gantz: Israel must always be war-ready IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen Benny Gantz was 14-years-old when the Yom Kippur War broke out.
* Yom Kippur: Israel Stops and Reflects The highest of the High Holidays – Yom Kippur – is to begin on Friday night.
* Yom Kippur War Redux / How Israeli and U.S. leaders ignored the Arab drums of war in 1973 If only they had listened to Sharon, maybe the 1973 War would have been averted.
* World facing worst financial crisis in history, Bank of England Governor says The world is facing the worst financial crisis since at least the 1930s “if not ever”, the Governor of the Bank of England said last night.
* Libya's rebels launch the final push for Sirte and their crowning victory Libyan rebel forces launched a furious 'final offensive' on the loyalist stronghold Sirte on Friday.
* Perry Ally Calls Mormonism 'a Cult' A Baptist pastor from Dallas who has endorsed Rick Perry introduced the Texas governor at a conservative forum on Friday in Washington.