* Iraq conflict: Sistani issues Shia call to arms Iraq's most senior Shia cleric has issued a call to arms after Sunni-led insurgents seized more towns.
* Iraq crisis: Baghdad prepares for the worst as Islamist militants vow to capture the capital Iraq is breaking up. The Kurds have taken the northern oil city of Kirkuk that they have long claimed as their capital.
* Alarmed by Iraq, Iran open to shared role with U.S. - Iran official Shi'te Muslim Iran is so alarmed by Sunni insurgent gains in Iraq that it may be willing to cooperate with Washington .
* Iraq's Vulnerable Christians Further Imperiled by Jihadist Advance The startling gains made by jihadist fighters in Iraq are placing the region's already extremely vulnerable Christians in even greater peril.
* Iranian Revolutionary Guard Helps Iraqi Government Retake Tikrit Iranian troops have helped the Iraqi government retake the City of Tikrit from the Islamic fundamentalist force.
* Did FIFA Ask U.S. to be Ready to Host 2022 World Cup Instead of Qatar? As soon as Jorge Ramos of ESPN Deportes reported on Thursday that FIFA had asked the United States delegation to be ready to host the 2022 World Cup if Qatar is stripped of it, U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati immediately denied it.
* US airstrikes to support Iranian Revolutionary Guard's offensive in Iraq? Iran deployed its Revolutionary Guard to help Iraq battle insurgents.
* Jerusalem aglow during International Festival of Light Tens of thousands of visitors are expected to converge on Jerusalem's Old City each evening for the next week.
* Muslim Rioters Stone Police on Temple Mount Twenty masked Muslim rioters on Friday pelted police forces with stones on the Temple Mount.
* Unity Pact 'Peaceful'? Recent Fatah Film Glorifies Terrorism The film, "The Revolutionists of the Land," was produced by Fatah's military wing the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades.