* BREAKING NEWS: Gantz gives up on forming government Gantz returned the mandate four hours before the midnight deadline.
* Israel carries out 'wide-scale strikes' on Iranian forces in Syria Israel says it has hit dozens of targets in Syria belonging to the government and allied Iranian forces.
* Syria is an increasingly dangerous chessboard for Iran in the Middle East Iran has so many forces in Syria that in 2018 the US included in its official policy the "removal of all Iranian-led forces and proxies from the country."
* Trump's Retreat: Implications for Israel President Trump's ill-advised decision to withdraw from Syria should be viewed in the context of two broader developments.
* Pentagon says Iran's missiles unrivaled in Middle East Despite decades of sanctions, Iran has succeeded in developing its missile arsenal, which is larger than that of any other Middle Eastern country including Israel, a Pentagon study said Tuesday.
* Is the PA considering violence in response to US recognition that Israeli settlements are "not inconsistent with international law"?Mahmoud Abbas' Palestinian Authority has announced that it is considering "recommendations to strengthen... home front and the popular resistance."
* Netanyahu: No community should be disqualified PM at meeting of right-wing camp: 'We have historic opportunity to get things we only dreamed of. We must not lose another day'
* Polish PM: questioning NATO treaty a threat to collective defence Poland's Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said on Tuesday any moves to question the collective defense guarantee included in the NATO treaty were a threat to the future of the European Union and the military alliance.
* Jerusalem to host largest-ever event on anti-Semitism; Putin, Macron to attend President Rivlin says 'one of a kind' gathering January in capital will also be attended by presidents of Germany, Italy and Austria and many other leaders.
* How Kanye West put Joel Osteen's prosperity gospel back under the spotlight A performance by artist Kanye West at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Houston on Sunday has launched a debate among Christians over controversial prosperity gospel teachings and the role of race in conservative evangelical Christianity.