* Violence Plagues Jerusalem Over Rosh Hashanah "Jerusalem Intifada" was how some in the Israeli media portrayed the violence that engulfed much of the Israeli capital over the two-day Rosh Hashanah holiday at the start of this week.
* Russia Celebrates Election of Pro-Kremlin Party Leader in Britain, "Admirer of Karl Marx' Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn latest extremist figure in European politics to align with Vladimir Putin.
* Challenges and opportunities: Israel in the new year Israel is faced with growing challenges in the new year: Mending relations with the US, fighting off Palestinian statehood bids, and the constant threat of Iran and its proxies; but their are plenty of opportunities too.
* On the Temple Mount, a morass a month in the making The fuse for the clashes sparked by Minister Uri Ariel's visit stretches back weeks, as Palestinian anger mounted over changes in access to the sensitive holy site.
* Netanyahu to Visit Putin, Warn Against Syria Deployment Netanyahu to visit Russia next week and warn that influx of advanced weaponry to Syria - and specifically to Hezbollah - threatens Israel.
* 'It's a matter of time until ISIS in Sinai attempts terror attack against Israel' Commander of IDF battalion that operates on Egyptian border says Egypt will succeed in putting down ISIS within two years, but the group will attempt to strike Israel beforehand.
* Could Israeli Police Use Snipers against Rock-Throwers? Netanyahu seeks Attorney General's approval to change police open-fire orders, allow use of snipers to pick off violent rioters.
* Syria conflict: Assad 'won't quit under pressure' Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has said in an interview for Russian TV he will not quit under foreign pressure, saying the Syrian people must decide.
* Abdullah Warns Israel over Temple Mount 'Any more provocations in Jerusalem will affect the relationship between Jordan and Israel,' says king, 'Jordan will have to take action.'
* UN, US More Worried about Jerusalem Police than N. Korea Missile As Pyongyang prepares to launch a ballistic missile, the world's 'policemen' are focused on Jerusalem police's behavior.