* Heightened instability, bloodshed feared in Egypt after diplomatic efforts fail Egypt's presidency said on Wednesday that diplomatic efforts to end the country's political turmoil had failed.
* Rebels hit Assad close to home Syrian rebels fighting along the coast near Latakia have announced they are only 20 kilometers outside Syrian President Bashar Assad's birthplace.
* Sun Will Flip Its Magnetic Field Soon The sun is gearing up for a major solar flip, NASA says.
* US awaits 'credible steps' on Iran as Netanyahu calls for increased pressure World pressure kept Iran from gaining nuclear weapons in the past, and is preventing it from crossing the nuclear threshold now.
* Arab voice of Donald Duck tweets for Israel to be 'demolished' An Egyptian radio host who identifies himself as the official voice of Donald Duck on Disney Middle East called on Twitter for Israel to be "demolished.".
* Samaria Leader: One Million 'Settlers' in 3 Years The Head of the Samaria Regional Council, Gershon Mesika, said Tuesday that the latest statistics prove that the Jewish settlement enterprise in Judea and Samaria cannot be undone.
* Who's really calling the shots in al-Qaida? A number of questions surround the shadowy events unfolding in Yemen over the last couple of days.
* EU, Israel headed for showdown over settlement rules Despite heavy criticism from Israel, the European Union will not cancel, modify or delay the implementation of recently published guidelines that block EU funding from Israeli institutions.
* The snaky path of how terrorists raise money Last week it was announced that January 13 would be the starting date for Courtney Linde et al v. Arab Bank.
* Settler leaders look to influence US policy Israeli settler leader Dani Dayan has made it his mission over the years to warn members of Congress, particularly Republicans, of the perils of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.