Monday, February 11, 2013


Pope Benedict XVI to resign citing poor health Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month after nearly eight years as the head of the Catholic Church, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

Rasmussen: 'Nato cannot act as the world's policeman' Nato head Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said that the alliance would only take action against Syria if Turkey is attacked.

Lapid: Don't threaten us with civil war Addressing Knesset for first time Yesh Atid chairman says issue of equal share of burden cannot be ignored; says '10% of public cannot threaten the other 90% with a civil war'

'Iran building militias in Syria in case Assad falls' 'Washington Post' quotes US, Arab officials as saying 50,000 militiamen backed by Iran and Hezbollah fighting for Assad.

Iranians on revolution day chant 'death to America' Hundreds of thousands of people marched on Sunday in Tehran and other cities chanting 'Death to America' as Iran marked the 34th anniversary of the Islamic revolution that ousted the U.S.-backed shah.

As pope steps down, chief rabbi lauds Vatican ties Pope Benedict resigns, becomes 1st pope since Middle Ages to quit; Metzger praises pope's inter-religious outreach.

Muslim Brotherhood want aide as top Egypt cleric Egypt's ruling Muslim Brotherhood has nominated one of its senior leaders for the influential position of grand mufti, the nation's top cleric, defying critics who accuse the Islamist group of seeking to dominate all institutions.

Fear of assassinations haunt Egypt opposition Watching the events in Tunisia, where a leading anti-Islamist politician was shot to death this past week, members of Egypt's liberal opposition are fearfully asking: Could it happen here too?

Report: Massive Cyber-Espionage Campaign Targeting US A new intelligence assessment has concluded that the US is the target of a massive, sustained cyber-espionage campaign.

Will the al-Qaeda affiliates ousting Assad turn to Israel next? Jihadi warriors are fueling the violent rebellion in Syria. Some fear their successes are reviving wider regional ambitions