* Iran celebrates 31 years since US embassy takeover Rally attended by thousands carrying signs with anti-US and anti-Israel slogans; eggs thrown at British diplomatic compound at separate rally.
* PA Threatens More Hands-On Jerusalem Activity PA prime minister Salam Fayyad announces that not just in words, but also in actions, Jerusalem will be the "eternal capital of Palestine."
* Al-Qaeda in Iraq: 'All Christians are Legitimate Targets' Christians across the Middle East were put on notice Wednesday by the Islamic State of Iraq – better known as the Iraqi branch of the international al-Qaeda terrorist group – that they are now "legitimate targets."
* U.S. dollar printing is huge risk China must set up a firewall via currency policy and capital controls to cushion itself from external shocks.
* Obama's post-election agenda calls for a Palestinian state or else With the mid-term elections over, President Barack Obama is expected to resume heavy pressure on Israel.
* Abroad, Fear That Midterm Result May Turn U.S. Inward Just two years ago, the election of President Obama resonated far beyond American shores.
* Pro-Jewish Hevron Aid Flotilla Docked in NYC The Jewish answer to the pro-Palestinian Gaza flotillas: An aid flotilla, docked at Pier 59 at Chelsea Piers in New York City, to the Jews of Hevron.
* Arab world faces worsening water crisis The Arab world, one of the driest regions on the planet, will tip into severe water scarcity as early as 2015.
* US election result raises concerns in Europe Most pundits are predicting strained times in EU-US relations after crushing losses by Barack Obama's Democratic Party in midterm elections.
* Chinese leader to parade through Paris ahead of G20 handover Chinese President Hu Jintao will receive a lavish welcome when he touches down in France on Thursday.