* Petraeus hands over Iraq command General David Petraeus, the outgoing US military commander in Iraq credited for improving security there, has passed control to Lt Gen Raymond Odierno.
* IDF intelligence: Syria strengthening ties with radical axis "Syria is moving forward along the path of peace and openness toward the West while simultaneously strengthening its ties to the radical axis."
* Financial Crisis in America Threatens Israel's Stability The venerated securities firm of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. announced early Monday morning on its website it will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
* Global market turmoil continues Losses on stock markets have continued after the collapse of fourth largest US investment bank, Lehman Brothers.
* Nuclear agency says Iran has improved enrichment Iran has substantially improved the efficiency of its centrifuges that produce enriched uranium.
* Ministers Oppose Ramon Plan to Buy Out Jewish Homes for Arabs Senior ministers slammed Vice Premier Chaim Ramon's proposal to convince Jewish families to leave Judea and Samaria.
* Barak to reconvene 'West Bank forum' following settler rampage Defense Minister Ehud Barak has decided to reconvene the "West Bank Forum" to tackle the surge in Jewish lawlessness in the territories.
* Question marks remain over EU's Georgia mission The European Union has given its green light to a civilian mission to Georgia.
* Jordan, Russia urge Israel to halt settlement construction Jordan and Russia on Monday urged Israel to stop all practices that could, "derail" the peace process, including settlement activity in the Palestinian territories.* US Officials: Al-Qaida 'imploding' Top US counterterrorism officials Monday said al-Qaida is imploding and that its violent tactics have turned Muslims worldwide against the organization.