* Iranian general: Attack on Iran would cause another World War Should Israel or the United States attack Iran, it would be the start of another World War.
* Israel Has Decided: Iran Will Not Have Nukes Israel's leadership resolved, in top-level strategic discussions three months ago, to do whatever it takes to prevent Iran from having nuclear bombs.
* Georgia severs diplomatic ties with Russia Georgia has severed diplomatic ties with Moscow to protest the presence of Russian troops on its territory.
* Sarkozy to Make Landmark Syria Visit French President Nicolas Sarkozy has confirmed he will make a landmark visit to Syria on Sept. 3-4.
* Hezbollah's new missiles have range 'Israel can't fathom' Hezbollah is armed with advanced Iranian-supplied missiles capable of reaching targets deep inside Israel.
* McCain chooses Palin as VP candidate Republican presidential candidate John McCain stunned the US political establishment Friday and bolstered his image as a maverick by choosing the little-known female governor of Alaska.
* Palestinians remain persecuted minority in post-Saddam Iraq Omar Ahmed rarely emerges from his rundown Baghdad housing project.
* New pressure over faith schools Ministers are being urged to stop faith schools in England selecting pupils and staff on the basis of their religion.
* Bush's Mideast peace timeline looking unattainable President Bush's goal of forging an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal within five months is looking increasingly unattainable.* Egypt opens Gaza border for two days Egypt opened its sealed border crossing with the Gaza Strip on Saturday.