* Devastating Nigeria attacks show twisted ambition of Boko Haram A large part of northern and central Nigeria is now at the mercy of intensified attacks by Boko Haram.
* Russia Shifts to China After Ukraine Crisis Russia and China launched large-scale naval war games.
* Syrian al-Qaeda reach foothills of Golan Heights Extremist elements have made significant gains in the Syrian civil war's southern front.
* Ukraine crisis: Donetsk sees deadliest attack on troops A dawn attack on a checkpoint in eastern Ukraine has left at least 14 soldiers dead.
* Steinitz: Jordan Valley is critical to Israel's survival Strategic Affairs Minister Yuval Steinitz can't see Iran as he stands on one of the highest peaks in the Jordan Valley.
* President Peres and staff prepare for Pope's visit Responding to numerous foreign media requests staff at the President's Residence on Thursday allowed media representatives to see preparations in progress for the Papal visit.
* Worrisome surge of extremists likely in European elections Armed with ropes and long sticks, a group of teens in Germany's capital headed out under the cover of night.
* Russia mulling deal to build up to 8 nuclear reactors for Iran Russia plans to sign a contract with Iran this year to build two more nuclear reactors at its Bushehr power plant.
* Russia scolds Prince Charles for comparing Putin to Hitler Prince Charles's comparison of Vladimir Putin with Nazi leader Adolf Hitler triggered a diplomatic row on Thursday.
* Iran: Any aggression will be met with 'crushing and lethal response' The Iranian military highlighted its full preparedness in the event of foreign aggression.