* Pope calls out Jihadists: Violence against innocents 'shows contempt for Image Of God' In Istanbul Sunday morning, Pope Francis employed some of his strongest language against Islamic extremism to date, condemning jihadist violence against the weak and defenseless as 'profoundly grave sin against God.'
* Amman reportedly sends letter admonishing Jerusalem against extremism on Temple Mount "Al Arab Al Yawm" reports Jordan has called on Netanyahu's government to maintain status quo in capital.
* Erdogan hosts Putin to tighten Turkey-Russia alliance Turkish, Russian presidents to meet Monday for first time amid strain over handling of Ukraine, Syrian crises.
* Sissi sees new future for Egypt after Mubarak acquittal Police clash with thousands protesting against decision clearing deposed president of civilian death charges.
* Turkish Minister: Muslims Discovered the Earth is Round The Turkish Science Minister has become the latest public figure to make outrageous claims over Islam's hand in science and technology, the Hurriyet Daily News reported Friday - this time, claiming that Muslims discovered that the world is round.
* 'Haiku Herman' quietly leaves EU stage EU Council chief Herman Van Rompuy on Monday (1 December) is handing over the baton to Polish ex-prime minister Donald Tusk.
* Khamenei says Iranian military should expand, irrespective of politics Khamenei spoke to a gathering of senior navy officials during a ceremony to mark the "Navy Week" in Iran.
* Rouble suffers biggest one-day fall since 1998 as oil slides The rouble suffered its biggest one-day decline since 1998 as oil prices continued to fall on Monday, escalating fears about the Russian economy.
* Hamas Declares Palestinian Unity Government Dead Leaders of the Palestinian terror group Hamas announced on Sunday that a national unity government formed earlier this year with the Fatah party had officially expired, leaving the status of the fragile political framework up in the air, according to regional reports.
* UNESCO Debates ISIS Erasing of Jewish History Special Paris session featuring Israeli expert to discuss ways of saving ancient Jewish sites that have come under ISIS's cruel grasp.