* IDF modifying Arrow deployment in the North Predicting that Israel's future wars will be characterized by unprecedented missile barrages, the IDF has decided to modify its missile defense doctrine.
* Civilians evacuated from besieged Lebanon camp The families of Islamist fighters besieged in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon were evacuated by the army.
* Mubarak: Mideast summit lacks structure, consensus on issues The Middle East peace conference called by U.S. President George W. Bush lacks a framework, Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak was quoted as saying.
* Turkey's Gul forced to wait for presidency Abdullah Gul failed to secure election as Turkey's next president in a second round of voting in parliament.
* Bishara in Lebanon: Hizbullah stronger than ever Former Arab Israeli Knesset Member Azmi Bishara, accused by Israel of spying for Hizbullah during the Second Lebanon War, praised the Lebanese-based terror organization during a tour of southern Lebanon.
* China to act on gender imbalance The Chinese government says it is drafting new laws to tackle the growing gender imbalance caused by the widespread abortion of female foetuses.
* Somali politician threatens attacks One of the leaders of the Union of Islamic Courts movement has said that the group's fighters will step up their attacks.
* Bush: Iraqis Working to Secure Country President Bush said Saturday that Iraqis are sacrificing dearly to secure their country.
* Hamas TV attacks Fatah using cartoon mimicking Disney's 'Lion King' After killing off its Mickey Mouse-lookalike, Hamas has turned to another Disneyesque character.* Pakistan tests new cruise missile Pakistan has successfully test-fired a new cruise missile capable of carrying nuclear weapons, its military said.