* Peres set to meet with PA's Abbas President Shimon Peres met with Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salaam Fayad in Jerusalem a week ago, and plans to meet with PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas.
* Hamas Threatens to Use 'More Dangerous Weapons' Hamas threatened Israel with far more dangerous weapons than the Kassam rocket.
* MIDEAST: Bush Could Have Given Fatah That Kiss of Death Ever since the takeover of Gaza two months ago by Palestinian resistance faction Hamas, Washington and its allies have steadfastly supported the rival Fatah movement.
* North American Jews Put The 'Home' in 'Homeland' The largest chartered flight of the summer filled with new immigrants (olim) from North America touched down Tuesday morning at Ben Gurion International Airport.
* Iraqi leader in Syria for talks Iraq's prime minister arrived in Syria on Monday to discuss trade, security and refugees.
* Gaddafi son unveils reform plan The son of the Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, has announced reform plans, including an independent central bank and free media.
* EU moves to avoid indirect cash to Hamas The EU is standing by its decision to block the financing of fuel for a Gaza power plant.
* Muhammad Dahlan returns to Ramallah Fatah legislator Muhammad Dahlan returned to Ramallah on Monday after spending six weeks abroad for medical treatment.
* UN extends AU's Somalia mission The UN Security Council has voted unanimously to extend the African Union peacekeeping mission in Somalia.* US survey raises eyebrows in J'lem A survey by a respected journal showing that 15 of 108 foreign policy elites in the US believe Israel does not serve US national security interests has raised eyebrows in Jerusalem.