* PM Caves to Jordanian Pressure on Temple Mount Renovations Second temporary bridge from Western Wall to Temple Mount scrapped after Jordanian royal family objects.
* Sotloff beheading: Obama warning to Islamic State President Barack Obama has vowed the US will not be intimidated, after Islamic State militants released a video showing the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff.
* Ukraine crisis: Putin hopes for peace deal by Friday Russia's president has said he is hoping for a peace deal between Ukraine and pro-Russian rebels by Friday.
* Iran: We foiled plots against our nuclear program Nuclear official tells AP that attempts at sabatoge and recruiting Iran's nuclear experts were foiled; Zarean: 'We are not joking with anyone.'
* PA plan seeks Palestinian state, IDF pullout within 3 years Present a map of future Palestine or face international condemnation and an end to West Bank security cooperation, Abbas to tell Israel.
* Hamas's Haniyeh would trounce Abbas if elections held today, Palestinian poll says Hamas's popularity in the West Bank is at an all-time high following the 50-day long military confrontation with Israel.
* U.S. Airstrike in Somalia Targeted Al-Shabaab Leader Officials confirm that U.S. military airstrike in Somalia targeted the leader of the Al-Shabaab group.
* Israel signs $15 billion gas deal with Jordan 15-year agreement makes Israel chief energy supplier for kingdom; minister hails 'historic' move.
* Poll: Hamas Stock Soars, Palestinians Eager for More War A Palestinian public opinion survey carried out at the end of the summer's Gaza war showed that Hamas is more popular than ever, and that most local Arabs are eager to continue the campaign of violence against Israel.
* Fidel Castro: Israel, US responsible for creating Islamic State Writing for official Cuban state media, Castro alleged that Israel's intelligence agency, Mossad, and US Senator John McCain conspired to create the Islamic State.