* Israel's population at 2010 is 7.5m On the eve of a new decade, Israel's population stands at 7.5 million, according to figures released Wednesday by the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS).
* Government supporters hold mass rallies against Iran's political opposition Hundreds of thousands of government supporters rallied against Iran's political opposition in Tehran on Wednesday.
* Ramadi attacks: Is Iraq heading for more sectarian bloodshed? One of the largest coordinated bombings to hit Iraq in recent months shook the central city of Ramadi on Wednesday morning.
* Why Prime Minister Putin may be throwing a wrench in US-Russia arms talks Russia's powerful prime minister, ex-President Vladimir Putin, may have just tossed a wrench into the sensitive last-minute negotiations aimed at finalizing a new US-Russian strategic arms reduction deal early in the New Year.
* Space head: Russia may send spacecraft to asteroid Russia's space chief said Wednesday his agency will consider sending a spacecraft to a large asteroid to knock it off its path and prevent a possible collision with Earth.
* 'Evangelicals deserve our support' The Foreign Ministry and the Interior Ministry differed in opinions this week regarding the status of and benefits given to Evangelicals in Israel.
* "Al-Qaeda practises beating body scanners" The terrorist group has even carried out test runs at smuggling explosives through European airports.
* PA, Abbas Bless Rabbi's Murderers as 'Martyrs' Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas publicly proclaimed three terrorists who murdered a Jewish father of seven children to be "shaheeds" - holy martyrs.
* Officials: U.S., Yemen reviewing targets for possible strike The U.S. and Yemen are now looking at fresh targets in Yemen for a potential retaliation strike.
* Terms of reference After 100 years of conflict, Arabs and Jews have seen peace envoys come and go; peace plans rise and fall.