* Jatt Imam: Islam Will Take Over World in a Decade A senior Israeli Muslim religious leader called terrorists of the Islamic State (IS) "brothers" of Muslims in Israel.
* Hamas: Give Us the West Bank and We'll Destroy Israel For any who are still curious why Israel doesn't simply acquiesce to Palestinian demands for an independent state and end the conflict, Hamas once again happily provided the answer in a revealing interview with Arab media last week.
* Massive blast reported at suspected Iranian nuke facility Two reportedly killed in explosion at secretive Parchin site that shatters windows 12 kilometers away.
* Kobane: IS 'may soon take Syria-Turkey border town' The key Syria-Turkey border town of Kobane might fall to Islamic State (IS) fighters soon, an official there has told the BBC.
* Source: Hezbollah loses 10 fighters in Sunday clashes with Nusra Front The death toll was one of the highest the group has suffered in a single action since it said it would fight alongside the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
* Pope Francis' Family Synod Forgoes Flash for Spiritual Depth It can be easy to fixate on the idea that the Extraordinary Synod on the Family beginning in Rome this week is purely about Catholic Church politics.
* U.S. Supreme Court declines to intervene in gay marriage cases The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to take up the hotly contested issue of gay marriage, a surprise move that will allow gay men and women to marry in five states where same-sex weddings were previously banned.
* PM's Bible study group touches on God's promise of Israel to the Jews When Education Minister Shai Piron alluded to the commentary in passing, Netanyahu urged - jokingly - for him to continue.
* Birthrates among Christians, Muslims, Jews show new trends in Israel The average Muslim bride is only 21.9 years old, whereas the average Christian bride is 25.4 years old.
* Latest Tom Cruise movie has Shi'a Islamic values, says Iranian news outlet Cruise's character William Cage shares characteristics with the Imam Mahdi, Mashregh writes.