* China says US military in South China Sea not good for peace China has repeatedly complained about US Navy ships getting close to islands it occupies in the South China Sea, where Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines, Brunei and Taiwan all have competing claims.
Monday, January 25, 2021
* What Does the Biden Presidency Mean for the Israeli Peace Deals? Without former U.S. President Donald Trump’s avid support for Israel’s diplomatic recognition in the Muslim world, the onus of new normalization deals will likely fall to Israel itself, which will either slow the normalization process down or shift its focus to more covert or specific relations.
* Sullivan speaks with Israel's national security adviser for the first time U.S. national security adviser Jake Sullivan spoke on the phone Saturday with his Israeli counterpart Meir Ben Shabbat, Israeli officials tell Axios.
* Islamic State tries to shore up relevance with Iraq carnage The Islamic State group (IS) has not gone away. The twin suicide bombing in Baghdad on Thursday was a hideous reminder that the group which once controlled a vast swathe of territory across Syria and Iraq is still capable of mounting high casualty attacks in the heart of a city.
* Israel Police clash with ultra-Orthodox rioters protesting coronavirus lockdown Israel Police clashed with ultra-Orthodox rioters in Bnei Brak early on Monday amid unrest over the COVID-19 coronavirus lockdown.
* Pope Defends Biden's "Moral Evils" on Abortion As Joe Biden became the first Catholic in 60 years to sit in the White House last week, elements within the Catholic Church expressed disagreement with his policies on abortion which he has already begun to enact.
* “Those representing Palestine must be prepared to sacrifice blood” – Fatah official Fatah chooses the path of violence and encourages Palestinians to die as “Martyrs” for “Palestine.”
* Islamic scholar: Jews spread ‘strife and wars, moral depravity, debauchery, and licentiousness’ The Jews in the Qur’an are called the strongest of all people in enmity toward the Muslims (5:82); they fabricate things and falsely ascribe them to Allah (2:79; 3:75, 3:181); they claim that Allah’s power is limited (5:64); they love to listen to lies (5:41); they disobey Allah and never observe his commands (5:13).
* Israel, Don’t Trust Turkey Rumors are circulating that an Israeli-Turkish rapprochement might occur soon. Jerusalem and other regional capitals should not fall yet again for Ankara’s deceptions.
* 'Strength is found in diversity': Joe Biden signs executive order ending Trump's ban on transgender troops in US military President Joe Biden has overturned his predecessor's ban on transgender troops in the US military, signing an executive order declaring that all Americans who are qualified to serve will be allowed to enlist.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 2:00 PM