* Israel shifts from mourning to elation as Independence Day festivities get underway The official theme of this year's Independence Day ceremony at Mount Herzl is "Israeli Trailblazers."
* Yemen conflict: Saudi-led coalition resumes air strikes Saudi-led coalition jets have bombed Houthi rebels in Yemen's third city of Taiz, hours after announcing the end of a military campaign against them.
* Russia: Islamic State is Our Greatest Enemy Russian FM Lavrov says Russian citizen ISIS terrorists are returning and 'can get up to dirty tricks at home.'
* Warships to Yemen provide US with options, Pentagon says Obama administration claims move is to protect "free flow of commerce" through the Gulf of Aden, Mandeb Strait.
* Israel Remembers Its Fallen, Celebrates Their Victory As we do every year, Israelis on Wednesday made the incredible transition from deep mourning to bounding joy as we first marked the Memorial Day for our fallen soldiers and victims of terrorism before moving immediately into Independence Day.
* Israel's wars as told through the headlines The fight for Israel's existence, as told by the pages of 'The Jerusalem Post.'
* Netanyahu: Our enemies need to know that they won't break us State ceremony takes place at Jerusalem's Mount Herzl in commemoration of Israel's fallen soldiers.
* As Israel Mourns, Palestinians Celebrate Terror Even as Israel on Wednesday mourned the 23,320 killed defending this nation or as victims of terrorism.
* Spike in IDF Volunteers in 2014 Marked rise in volunteers from abroad since 2011; 25% are Americans.
* In the Jerusalem Hills, where Israel's independence was won in blood Stirring and creative monuments to the soldiers of the Harel Brigade range from striking sculptures to wonderful parks and unique cemeteries.