* 'Israel ready to destroy Lebanese Army in four hours' The US warned Lebanon that if it did not prevent any recurrence of the border-fire incident that occurred earlier this month, the IDF would destroy the Lebanese Armed Forces.
* Iran: Dimona is in Our Crosshairs An unnamed senior officer in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards warned Thursday that Iran would strike Israel if it is targeted.
* New book: Arab lobby rules America The Arab lobby and most particularly the Saudi lobby, one of the strongest in America-even stronger than Israel's.
* Israel working to thwart Russia arms deal with Syria Israel is trying to prevent an arms deal between Russia and Syria.
* EU popularity plunges right across the bloc People's confidence in the the European Union has dropped to record lows.
* PM wants regular talks with Abbas Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu will propose next week, at the launching of direct talks with the Palestinian Authority in Washington, that he and PA President Mahmoud Abbas meet every two weeks.
* Radical groups demand Abbas resign PA president urges Israel to seize 'historic opportunity.'
* Afghanistan's Karzai criticises US troop pullout Mr Karzai said that announcing a date for the withdrawal had given the Taliban insurgency "a morale boost".
* US Sends Ross to Talk Freeze United States diplomat Dennis Ross was in Israel Thursday.
* Hamas: PA can't give up Jerusalem in direct Mideast peace talks Palestinian negotiators are not mandated to surrender Jerusalem or any part of Palestine.