* Iceland volcano's uncertain timescale The picture of whether Iceland's volcanic eruption is intensifying or abating remains murky, particularly since the webcam images on Friday morning were shrouded in cloud.
* Russia modernizing Syria ports for its warships Officials said the navies of Russia and Syria were enhancing cooperation over the last year.
* 'No need to remove any settlements' Israel should not have to remove any settlements in a peace agreement with the Palestinians.
* US pushes J'lem, PA to resume talks Frustrated by more than a year of intense but failed diplomatic efforts to get Israel and the Palestinians to restart stalled peace negotiations, the Obama administration is turning up pressure on both sides.
* Massive fireball reported across Midwestern sky Authorities in several Midwestern states were flooded Wednesday night with reports of a gigantic fireball lighting up the sky, the National Weather Service said.
* Cold War Nuclear Fears Now Apply to Terrorists The top secret National Intelligence Estimate did not mince words.
* Ahmadinejad: Iran is Obama's only way to stay in power Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has penned a letter to President Obama, telling his American counterpart that Iran is Obama's only option for success.
* Lauder to Obama: Palestinians to blame World Jewish Congress President Ron Lauder sent an open letter to the US president expressing his concern about the deterioration in US-Israel relations and calling on Obama to rethink his Middle East policy.
* The internal Palestinian debate A useful way to think about the possibility for peace between Israel and the Palestinians is to imagine that the Palestinians have been involved in a long-term internal debate.
* Greece seeks meeting to clarify bail-out deal Greek authorities have requested a meeting with officials from the European Commission, the European Central Bank and the IMF, in a move which suggests a formal request for aid is imminent.