* Top EU official: Hamas fully responsible for Gaza war Hamas bears full responsibility for the war in Gaza, a top EU official in the Strip, calling the group "a terrorist movement."
* Lauder: Sanctions won't stop Iran The president of the New York-based World Jewish Congress that economic sanctions against Iran would not stop the Islamic Republic from seeking to attain nuclear weapons.
* Hamas proposes 1-year cease-fire Hamas is prepared to reach a one-year truce with Israel if the border crossings into the Gaza Strip are opened, Hamas legislator Mushir al-Masri said.
* Islamists seize Somali MPs' base Islamist insurgents have captured most of Somalia's central city of Baidoa - one of the last strongholds of the fragile transitional government.
* Why Israelis worry Few Israelis today would countenance a total withdrawal to the boundaries Israel found itself in when the Six Day War erupted.
* Google plans to make PCs history Industry critics warn of danger in giving internet leader more power
* EU calls for Palestinian unity government The European Union called for the divided Palestinian leadership to unite to support the opening of border crossings to allow humanitarian aid and other goods into the Gaza Strip.
* NATO, Russian envoys meet after 5-month hiatus Ambassadors from NATO nations and Russia were meeting Monday to try to restart normal relations that have been suspended since Russia's bloody confrontation with Georgia five months ago.
* Obama aims for oil independence US President Barack Obama has called for US energy independence, saying reliance on foreign oil and global warming posed threats to the country.
* Hamas, Fatah hold reconciliation talks in Egypt Current talks come a week after Abbas urged feuding Palestinian factions to form unity government to prepare for elections