* Israeli military requests funding for a potential strike on Iran: report Planning comes amid concerns negotiations on Iran nuclear deal may collapse.
Thursday, July 15, 2021
* REPORT: Iran Refuses to Hold Nuclear Talks With Biden Until Mid-August Iran will not resume talks with world powers over a return to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, the 2015 nuclear accord from which former U.S. President Donald Trump withdrew in 2018, until President-elect Ebrahim Raisi’s government is operative, Reuters reported on Thursday.
* Are Israel and Jordan ready to turn over a new leaf? Israel’s new government aims to mend relations with Jordan’s leadership through gestures like economic and water deals, but the Palestinian issue and Iran remain major obstacles.
* Turkey and Israel Want to Improve Ties After Presidents' Call - Turkish Ruling Party Turkey and Israel have agreed to work towards improving their strained relations after a rare phone call between their presidents, a spokesman for Turkey's ruling AK Party said on Wednesday.
* West Bank city of Hebron regularly sees terror attacks Five years after a terror attack killed a 13 year-old Israeli, numerous attacks in and around the flashpoint city continue to take place.
* Forget the Iron Dome: This Israeli Laser Is Changing Air Defense The Israelis have been evaluating a project along these lines since the early 2000’s, when a laser missile defense system was proposed as an alternative to the Iron Dome short-range air defense system.
* The Eastern Med After the Biden-Putin Summit The summit of Presidents Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin in Geneva last month was the most important event of Biden’s tour of Europe.
* EU launches legal action over LGBTQ+ rights in Hungary and Poland Ruling is part of ongoing fight for rule of law and freedom from discrimination in heart Europe.
* Genocide, apartheid? A poll Israel cannot allow itself to ignore Nobody who knows the reality in Israel could possibly believe it is committing genocide against the Palestinians. Yet 22% of US Jews apparently do. Alarm bells should be ringing.
* Israeli authorities seize cryptocurrency transfer from Hamas The sum which was seized reportedly included funds meant for, but not limited to, the Izzadin al-Qassam Brigades (the Hamas military wing).
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:09 AM