* Israeli foreign minister: peace is impossible Israel's foreign minister said a peace deal with the Palestinians is impossible under current conditions.
* UN Maps Out Afghan Security Internal United Nations maps show a marked deterioration of the security situation in Afghanistan during this year's fighting season.
* US Arms Reach Hizbullah, US Official Admits Some of the American-funded weapons that are being supplied to Lebanon fall into the hands of Hizbullah.
* UK considers recognizing PA diplomats London looking into possibility of upgrading Palestinian delegation to status of diplomatic mission.
* The verdict that may shake Russia The most important court trial in modern Russian history has drawn to an end.
* Violence fears grow in Ivory Coast as Gbagbo stays Fears of renewed fighting in this country once divided by civil war grew Monday following a threat from West African neighbors.
* South Korea must unite to survive, says President Lee South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has told his nation it must unite in the face of military aggression from the North.
* Ashkenazi: We will not accept rocket fire from Gaza IDF chief-of-staff meets with Italian counterpart in Tel Aviv; says IDF is "preparing for any scenario" in the Strip.
* Jerusalem mayor holds off eviction of settlers from East Jerusalem home Compromise achieved after settlers agree not to press for eviction of a Palestinian family living in a nearby Jewish-owned building.
* Thousands greet Turkish protest ship; chant "death to Israel" Pro-Palestinian activists gather at Istanbul port to greet ship raided by Israeli commandos on its way to Gaza in late May. Crowds wave Palestinian, Turkish flags; chant "Allah is great".