* Barak: US plans 'surgical strike' if Iran sanctions fail Ehud Barak is certain the US has plans for surgical strikes against Iran as a last-ditch measure if Tehran refuses to stop its development of a nuclear weapons capability.
* Iranian official: Attack on Syria is attack on us Iran considers any attack against Syria an attack on itself.
* 'Iran would definitely use nuclear weapon on Israel' If Iran makes a nuclear bomb "it would definitely use it against Israel or against any other enemy state," a former representative of the Iranian Foreign Ministry said.
* Egypt: Protesters Clash with Police on Anniversary of Revolt Egyptian protesters on Friday stormed a regional government headquarters and clashed with police.
* Iraq Sunnis threaten army attacks after protest deaths Sunni leaders in Anbar have threatened to launch attacks against the army in the western Iraqi province after five protesters were shot dead in Fallujah.
* Nasrallah: Israel facing a 'crisis of leadership' Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah on Friday said that following Tuesday's Knesset elections, Israel is facing a "crisis of leadership," and urged the Palestinians to increase their resistance.
* As UN marks Holocaust, Israel warns of Iran threat Holocaust survivors, their families and delegates of their cause flooded the General Assembly hall of the United Nations on Friday.
* Mali: French-led soldiers in control of Gao airport French-led troops in Mali have taken control of the airport in the northern town and Islamist stronghold of Gao, the French defence ministry has said.
* Door Closing on Peace, Warns Jordan's King The door is closing on the chances of a two-state solution to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
* PA Arabs Re-enter Illegal Outpost Dozens of Palestinian Authority Arabs re-entered a demolished outpost near Jerusalem and started to rebuild it.