* G20 leaders seal $1.1tn global deal Leaders of the world's largest economies will shortly announce an agreement worth around $1.1 trillion to tackle the global financial crisis.
* 'Through war or peace we'll free Golan' Despite indications that indirect talks between Syria and Israel are soon to be back on track, Syrian President Bashar Assad struck a militant tone on Thursday.
* Medvedev-Obama meeting a win for Russia President Dmitry Medvedev's first meeting with Barack Obama brought Russia a shot of prestige.
* US general: Israel might choose strike Iran General David Petraeus, the top US commander in the Middle East, said that Israel might feel threatened by Iran and take military action against it.
* PA: Death penalty for those who sell land to Jews The Palestinian Authority has issued yet another warning to Palestinians against selling their homes or properties to Jews.
* Doctors to probe claims Arafat poisoned Nearly five years after former Palestinian Authority president Yasser Arafat died by what French doctors called a massive brain hemorrhage, Arab doctors will meet in Jordan to probe rumors Arafat was poisoned.
* UN Chief Calls Netanyahu to Establish Palestinian State UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon welcomed Israel’s newly sworn-in Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu upon his forming his coalition government.
* IAEA chief applauds Russia-US nuke pact The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency is "greatly encouraged" by Russian-US commitments to reduce nuclear arsenals.
* World markets rise as G20 meets World stock markets gained ground on Thursday as G20 leaders met in London to discuss possible solutions to the global economic crisis.
* North Korea fueling rocket for impending launch North Korea has begun fueling a long-range rocket for an impending launch, a news report said Thursday.