* Middle East, 2015: further standoffs, tripwires and catastrophes The jihadist threat of Isis and ongoing Syria disaster will pile pressure on western leaders. Then there's Iran, Turkey, Israel-Palestine and north Africa.
* Members of Congress warn of repercussions for Palestinian ICC move Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said the move 'deeply frustrated' her.
* US-led coalition jets pound IS stronghold in Syria Air raids said to be heaviest in area since capture of Jordanian pilot last week.
* Behind the UN vote: How the Palestinian bid was defeated Analysis: How US helped lead blitz to torpedo unilateral Palestinian resolution in UN Security Council, and how a phone call helped Nigeria's surprising change of heart.
* Islamic umbrella leader to visit Temple Mount mosques The secretary general of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation plans to visit the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and meet with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.
* Experts clash over Palestinian demographic statistics Data predicted equal Jewish, Arab population in Israel and territories by 2016.
* Fatah Official Vows 'Retaliation' Against USA Fatah central committee member Abbas Zaki says the US is 'an enemy' and 'the cobra's head,' following failed UN bid.
* Russian diplomat claims Ukraine 'on Nazi path' Foriegn ministry official blasts Kiev march in honor of WWII-era anti-Soviet leader who worked with German forces.
* Russia calls for EU talks with newly born Eurasian Union Russia's EU ambassador has urged Brussels to launch talks with the newly born Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) despite the Ukraine crisis.
* 2015: It's the economy, still The EU spent most of 2014 in a state of suspended action.