* Iraqi FM warns of bigger, more powerful attacks Iraq's foreign minister said Saturday that Iraqis should be prepared for bigger, more powerful attacks to strike the capital in the coming days and urged the government to immediately fix security shortcomings among its forces.
* Gaddafi seen meeting bomber on TV Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi has defied strong criticism from the UK and the US by meeting Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi on Libyan TV.
* The lost Palestinian Jews "We are of the same race and blood, and cooperation will bring great prosperity to the land," wrote Emir Faisal to Felix Frankfurter in 1917.
* Muslims begin Ramadan holy month The Islamic holy month of Ramadan has begun across most of the Muslim world, ushering in 30 days of dawn to dusk fasting and extra prayer.
* Pakistani Taliban say new leader chosen Leading Pakistani Taliban commander Hakimullah Mehsud has been appointed the new head of the militant group.
* Obama in Ramadan message: U.S. unyielding in support for Palestinian state The United States is "unyielding" in its support for a two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.
* Afghan polling 'marked by fraud' A leading group of election observers say there was widespread voting fraud and intimidation during Thursday's presidential election in Afghanitan.
* Iranian cabinet nominee wanted in 1994 Argentina terror attack The man Iran's president has named to be defense minister is wanted in the 1994 bombing of a Jewish cultural center in Buenos Aires.
* US: Iran's work with IAEA not enough A senior US official said Friday that Iran was not fully cooperating with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
* France to roll out EU welcome for Turkmen chief The president of Turkmenistan is likely to make a state visit to France in November amid EU efforts to build relations with one of the world's most closed regimes.