* Will Israel Hold Its First Elections On Time In Three Decades? It is very rare in Israel for a general election to be held at its set date, because prime ministers tend to either get overthrown or tell the president they can no longer work with the Knesset.
* Israel’s Long Arm Reaches Peddler Of Death A clear and present danger is eliminated.
* France: The Rise and Fall of Emmanuel Macron When Emmanuel Macron was elected president of France in May 2017, he was portrayed as a reformer who was going to change everything in France and beyond.
* Can Britain Deal With ‘No Deal’? The British government says it is prepared to crash out of the European Union—but a warning from its new foreign secretary suggests that isn’t true.
* Hedging Bets: Turkey Courts Europe Amid Row With U.S. Turkish officials say they want to engage the EU and Erdogan held a phone called with German Chancellor Angela Merkel this week and met with French President Emmanuel Macron.
* Hajj 2018: Muslim Pilgrimage to Mecca Begins amid Saudi Diplomatic Turmoil The annual pilgrimage to Mecca known as the Hajj, which observant Muslims are supposed to make at least once during their lives, officially begins on August 19.
* 'The choice is yours - terrorism or economic growth' Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories points out to Gazans that terrorism affects their economy.
* Denouncing UN chief, Danon says Gazans need protection from Hamas, not Israel Israel's UN envoy derides 'delusional' proposals by Guterres to protect civilians in Gaza and West Bank; says terror group governing Strip 'uses the people in Gaza as hostages'
* U.S. missionary thrust to the center of Turkey-U.S. crisis When Andrew Brunson saw a police summons on his door in late summer 2016, the U.S. evangelical pastor thought it was a routine appointment to sort out his residency papers in Turkey, his home for nearly a quarter of a century.
* Cooperation between Israelis and Palestinians in North as Tension Continues in South It is an irony of the Middle East. At the same time that Gaza terrorists send burning balloons and kites and have – for now – stopped hurling rockets and missiles at southern Israel, Israeli and Palestinian physicians are collaborating at Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center.